Class Date: August 1, 2016
Class Title: Pages: Writing the Web Series Workshop
Class Presenter: Tom Benedek
Class price: $495
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Web series creation techniques
- Approaches to brainstorming for the short dramatic form
- Structuring the very short script
- Web series season bible outlining
- Production fundamentals to keep in mind as you create your web series
- One written lecture posted each week.
- Web Creator Guests for Live Q and A Sessions
- Annotated study guided pilot scripts from outstanding series
- 24/7 Online Forum Q&As moderated by Instructor.
- Writing assignments with instructor and class member comments.
- Due dates to motivate you to write and post pages.
- A weekly teleconference with instructor and class members.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, beginning writers, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to gain foundation knowledge of web series and webisode writing as they complete their own web project.
“I have taken two classes with Tom, and both were remarkable. I not only learned a great deal, but also found myself part of a very supportive and dedicated community of writers. Tom set a perfect tone, emphasizing craft and commitment while at the same time encouraging us to experiment, play with ideas, and create.” – Erin O’Connor
I have thoroughly enjoyed the lectures and Tom’s insight, encouragement, and feedback. I highly recommend these courses to anybody — from beginners to those farther on the screenwriting path.” – Goran Spoljaric
“Tom is terrific. For someone like me who’s read the basic texts and slogged through writing several less-than-great pilot scripts, his approach and insightful comments were really helpful.” – Chris Cowley
“What makes Tom stand out are: his ethics; his true caring and concern for each student and that student’s work; and his commitment to help each student successfully get what he or she needs to learn next to write a polished script — whether for the big screen or for tv. Thanks, Tom” – Melodie Beattie
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.