Nothing can bore readers more than the delivery of facts, data, and information, and yet every script, play or story you write requires you to include exposition. The key is learning how to handle it.
Class Date: February 1, 2021
Class Title: Craft: Handling Exposition
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
In Hollywood, there is a saying: “Exposition = Death.” This 1-week online course breaks down exposition into various types, then by analyzing well known movies, displays key principles and techniques on how to best handle setting, information, data, and backstory.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Explore approaching exposition as Fascination, Mystery, Revelation, Conflict, Action and Humor, as well as many other tips and techniques.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Optional writing exercises and logline workshop
- Pro insider writing tips
- Workshop exposition in your own stories using the principles and tips you learn in the course
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in dealing with exposition in creative and entertaining ways.
“This is a MUST take course. An easy tell for Readers/Agents/Managers between amateur and professional screenwriters is how they handle Exposition. Enlighten yourself.”
~ Traci Nell Peterson
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.