There is only one rule for writing a first draft:
Get the damn thing done. ~ Scott Myers
Write your first draft in a safe and supportive workshop environment. Learn a professional approach to use for all future script projects. Receive constructive feedback along the way from the instructor and fellow writers.
Class Starts: October 1, 2018
Class Title: Pages I: Writing the First Draft
Class Type: Online (10 weeks)
Teacher: Tom Benedek
Class Price: $795
In this 10-week online workshop, you will use a series of lectures and weekly writing assignments to pound out pages and push you from FADE IN to FADE OUT.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
A professional approach to writing a first draft, everything from hitting deadlines to constructive critique, how to handle page notes to finding the motivation to write even when you don’t want to, and much more.
- One written lecture posted each week
- 24/7 Online Forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Page-writing assignments with instructor and class comments
- Due dates to motivate you to write and post pages
- A weekly teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters who will benefit from the structure of an online class to encourage them to start and finish a complete screenplay draft.
“Pages I: Writing the First Draft is the best screenwriting workshop I’ve ever taken, hands down. Not only is the approach informative and comprehensive, it breaks down the writing process into manageable chunks from Fade In to Fade Out.”– Valli Leigh
“Over the years I’ve bought and read many books on screenwriting. None of them got me as far in my goals and understanding as the Pages I: Writing the First Draft course.”– Dawn LeFever
“Until I took Pages I: The First Draft, I often wondered if I would ever finish a screenplay. Pages I not only gave me the tools and knowledge to craft a screenplay and finish it, it changed the way I think about writing.”– Katie Cobb
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world
- Receive feedback from an instructor who knows the business and has a passion for writing, teaching, learning