Class Date: September 10, 2018
Class Title: Core II: Concept
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
In this 1-week online class, you will delve into the mindset of Hollywood studio executives, producers, and agents, and learn ways to generate and develop story concepts, as well as how to evaluate them to help you know when you find a winning script idea.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The low-down on high concept, the importance of genre, Hollywood’s ‘similar but different’ thinking, the power of recycling, gender-bending and genre-bending, testing your story concepts, and much more.
- Hone your ability to think like a script buyer and see what they look for in a story concept.
- Workshop your own story concepts through writing assignments targeted toward improving your brainstorming and critical analysis skills.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to learn how generate and develop strong, commercially viable story concepts.
“I can’t imagine a better class anywhere in learning things so pertinent to what you need to know before you even begin to write.”
~ Jon Raymond
SPECIAL OFFER THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.