Nothing catches the eye of a script reader or actor more than distinctive, entertaining dialogue.
Class Date: March 13, 2023
Class Title: Core V: Dialogue
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
Dialogue is critically important to the success of your stories. This 1-week online course teaches you key principles and practices for writing strong dialogue that derives from the inner world of the character.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Dialogue as purpose, a character’s voice as inward journey and outward expression, purpose through subtext, subtext through silence, realistic dialogue, and multiple practical techniques to engender your ability to hear your characters and communicate their words.
- Learn ways to dig into your characters to find their distinctive voices as well as time-proven tools to write dialogue that is realistic and compelling.
- Use what you have learned by workshopping one of your story’s primary characters, discovering the synergy between who they are and what they say.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to learn an organic process of writing dialogue by immersing themselves in the lives of their characters.
“I just completed the Core Dialogue course and I can honestly say it delivers back your investment threefold.”
~ Sabina Giado
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.