With the typical screenplay averaging 60-75 scenes, screenwriting is in a very real way scene-writing.
Class Date: November 16, 2020
Class Title: Core VI: Scene
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
Every time we sit down to write a script, we are faced with a scene. This 1-week online course presents key guidelines to help writers develop a deeper understanding of scenes — what they are, how they function, and most importantly how to approach writing them.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Scene types, a scene’s structural and emotional goals, a scene’s Beginning-Middle-End structure, the relation of characters to scenes, the centrality of conflict to scene-writing, using themes as lens through which to craft scenes.
- Learn six fundamental questions you should ask about every scene as you construct and write it.
- Put theory into practice by workshopping some of your own original scenes.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to lock down their ability to craft solid scenes through the use of six scene-writing questions.
“Of all the classes I’ve sampled around the web, NOBODY draws the crowd you do, and NOBODY gives as much useful information.”
~ Cyd Madsen
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.