A writer can elevate the quality of their story by using themes well, but do you even understand what ‘theme’ is?
Class Date: November 18, 2019
Class Title: Core VII: Theme
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
What is theme? Story premise? The moral of the story? A story’s DNA? This 1-week online class enables writers to develop a clearer and deeper understanding of theme — what it is, how it functions, and most importantly how to use themes to enrich your stories.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
An actionable definition of theme, using theme to expand a story, using theme to focus a story, theme as talisman, theme as motif, theme as moments, and multiple practical ways to enrich your writing by working with themes.
- You will learn a coherent take on theme, how it relates to the overall story, and tips on how to weave thematic material into your scripts.
- You will put to use what you have learned by workshopping some of your own script scenes, developing your ability at working with story themes.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to learn a clear approach to theme and use that understanding to make their stories more resonant with readers.
“Your ‘Theme’ class for writers is not just helpful… it is essential.”
— Heather Thompson
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.