A writer must be cognizant of and manage a story’s inner clock, giving each script its own unique pulse and pace.
Class Date: December 14, 2020
Class Title: Core VIII: Time
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
This 1-week online class helps writers develop a cinematic understanding of time and how to use it to empower their writing while maximizing the unique time-management possibilities a screenplay offers.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Writing in the present tense and being in the moment, backstory and present-past, destiny and present-future, setups, payoffs and callbacks, montage and series of shots, flashback and flashforward, nonlinear storytelling, narrative drive, and much more.
- You will learn to get in touch with your story’s inner clock and see how that influences every choice you make when writing your script’s scenes.
- You will put to use practical tips by workshopping some of your own script scenes, helping you get a handle on time management.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to learn the multitude of ways you can manage time to make your storytelling more entertaining and compelling.
“I greatly enjoyed your Core course on Time and would recommend you to any screenwriter, whether new, intermediate or advanced.”
~ Mike Kearon
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.