Class Date: September 11, 2017
Class Title: Core 1: Plot
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
In order to write a movie script, you need to grasp the concept of screenplay plot. In this 1-week online screenwriting class, you will learn a proven approach to story structure that not only covers the major events in a story’s External World, but also the emotional arc of your screenplay’s Internal World.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Key theory from Aristotle and Joseph Campbell, Hollywood’s “whammo” theory of storytelling, both the physical and psychological dimensions of story structure, the centrality and power of metamorphosis, and the Narrative Throughline paradigm.
- Learn a screenwriting approach that will enable you to craft a story that is both structurally sound and emotionally resonate.
- Workshop your story through focused writing assignments aimed at exploring fundamental plot points and the metamorphosis of key characters.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to learn a comprehensive, non-formulaic approach to story structure.
“Despite the fact that the class was only a week long, I’ve come away with more knowledge than I ever anticipated receiving.”
~ Sarah Grimes
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.