Compelling and well-written characters entertain script readers, impress agents, attract actors, and get projects made.
Class Date: September 24, 2018
Class Title: Core III: Character
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
In this 1-week online course, you will learn about five primary archetypes — Protagonist, Nemesis, Attractor, Mentor, Trickster — which you can use to develop your characters into multidimensional individuals, each with their own distinct connection to your story.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The universality of character archetypes, the Protagonist’s tie to story structure, Nemesis as opposition, Attractor and Mentor as different ally types, Trickster as plot shapeshifter, different Protagonist paradigms, the Switch Protagonist exercise, and much more.
- Learn a story development approach that will enable you to write a script where the plot emerges from the characters.
- Workshop your story through writing assignments aimed at identifying the respective narrative functions of all your major characters.
- Six lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Writing exercises with instructor and class feedback
- 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
- Logline workshop.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to empower their writing and enrich their characters through the use of archetypes.
“Spending a week focusing on and learning about character archetypes was invaluable for me.”
~ Bob Corsi
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CORE PACKAGE
The Core Package gives you immediate access to all eight of Scott Myers’ Core classes for almost 50% off and enables you to go through all of the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.