Class Dates : January 9 [Benedek] / March 6 [Benedek] / June 19 [Myers]
Class Title: Pages I: Writing the First Draft
Class Type: Online (10 weeks)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers / Tom Benedek
Class Price: $795
In this 10-week online workshop, you will use a series of lectures, weekly writing assignments, group teleconferences, and personalized feedback from Scott or Tom to pound out pages and push you from FADE IN to FADE OUT.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
A professional approach to writing a first draft, everything from hitting deadlines to constructive critique, how to handle page notes to finding the motivation to write even when you don’t want to, and much more.
- While you churn out script pages, you will learn the self-discipline of meeting deadlines, a crucial and necessary skill to have as a professional writer.
- You will immerse yourself in a professional approach to writing you can adopt and adapt for all future script projects.
- Workshop your story by submitting your pages for constructive feedback from your instructor and fellow writers.
- One written lecture posted each week.
- 24/7 Online Forum Q&As moderated by Instructor
- Writing assignments with instructor and class comments
- Due dates to motivate you to write and post pages
- A weekly teleconference with instructor and class members
Here is the schedule of lectures and writing assignments to inform your process and provide motivation for you to GET YOUR FIRST DRAFT DONE:
Week 1: The Opening
Week 2: The Hook
Week 3: The Lock
Week 4: Deconstruction Test
Week 5: Transition
Week 6: Reconstruction Test
Week 7: All Is Lost
Week 8: On The Offensive
Week 9: Final Struggle
Week 10: Denouement
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters of any level of experience who will benefit from the structure of an online class to encourage them to start and finish a complete screenplay draft.
“Pages I: Writing the First Draft is the best screenwriting workshop I’ve ever taken, hands down. Not only is the approach informative and comprehensive, it breaks down the writing process into manageable chunks from Fade In to Fade Out.”
— Valli Leigh
“Over the years I’ve bought and read many books on screenwriting. None of them got me as far in my goals and understanding as the Pages I: Writing the First Draft course.”
— Dawn LeFever
“Until I took Pages I: The First Draft, I often wondered if I would ever finish a screenplay. Pages I not only gave me the tools and knowledge to craft a screenplay and finish it, it changed the way I think about writing.”
— Katie Cobb
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.