Start Date: May 28, 2018
Class Title: Prep: From Concept to Outline
Class Type: Online
Class Presenters: Scott Myers
Class price: $495
Any professional writer knows how critically important the prep-writing phase is to the success of a script project. That’s where you ‘break’ the story enabling you to move into the page-writing part of your creative journey with confidence. In this popular 6-week online workshop, you take one of your stories from concept to outline and also learn an approach to story prep you can adopt and adapt on all future writing projects.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
A proven, professional approach to prep-writing: From a Protagonist Character Treatment to a Master Brainstorming List, Ten Major Plotline Points to Narrative Throughline.
- Six lectures to guide you through the prep-writing process
- 24/7 online forum discussions moderated by instructor
- Weekly writing assignments to develop and build your story
- Instructor and class feedback
- Due dates to motivate you to write and post assignments
- A weekly teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, and playwrights who want to develop their story to an outline enabling them to have the confidence to pound out a first draft.
“Before taking your course I was frustrated trying to organize millions of details around a general idea. Your process was very easy to follow and it systematically aligned all those details into the elements essential for an organized story. ”
~ Karen Franz
“The Prep class has given me a set of practical tools to use to take the bare glimmer of a concept to outline in six weeks.”
~ James Tichenor
“I honestly can’t wait to get started on this script now, and to use what I’ve learned in Prep to go back and rewrite other scripts.”
~ Paul Labich
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses 24/7 on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Supportive, lively online community from around the world.
- Feedback from experienced instructor who is a also a professional screenwriter