Almost nothing excites an agent, manager, producer or studio executive more than reading a script with fully realized, three-dimensional, and compelling characters.
Class Date: March 9, 2020
Class Title: Craft: Character Development Keys
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
Everything in the story-crafting process begins and ends with characters. In this 1-week online course, you will learn how to use five archetypes — Protagonist, Nemesis, Attractor, Mentor, Trickster — to develop your story’s characters and help them come to life.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
From questionnaires to monologues, biographies to archetypes, you will learn the keys to crafting coherent, compelling and charismatic characters.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Optional writing exercises and logline workshop
- Pro insider writing tips
- Workshop some of your own story’s characters and develop them by digging into their respective narrative functions
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in learning tools to dig into their characters and make their stories come alive.
“It was the perfect primer for all things character and has opened me up to the possibilities within my writing immensely.”
~ Jack Wesley
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.