From Blood Simple (1984) to Hail Caesar! (2016), Joel and Ethan Coen have created one of the most distinctive storytelling legacies in the history of movies.
Class Date: May 10, 2021
Class Title: Craft: Coen Brothers and the Craft of Storytelling
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
The Coen brothers have written and directed movies that have been nominated for 33 Academy Awards and won 6, all while pursuing their unique creative storytelling vision. In this 1-week course, we will analyze several Coen brothers movies revealing narrative principles you can use to develop and craft your own stories.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Ordinary Person / Extraordinary Circumstance, Long Shadow of Authority Figures, Shiny Hope of Grand Schemes, Dynamism of Violence, Morally Complicated Universe, Unresolved Endings, and much more.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- Loads of background resources about the Coen brothers
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Pro insider writing tips
- Workshop your own story using these same principles as well as insider tips, enabling you to put theory into practice
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in immersing themselves in and learning from the storytelling world of the Coen brothers.
“Scott’s superb lectures will not only guide you through the Coen Brothers’ methodology and craft, they will lead you into and through your writing process.”
~ Gabriel Gomez
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.