Class Date: April 26, 2021
Class Title: Craft: Dialogue-Writing Workshop
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
$95 Sale: $79
While some writers seem to be born with an ‘ear’ for dialogue, we can all develop our dialogue-writing abilities through attention and practice. In this one-week online class, you will not only learn key dialogue-writing principles, techniques, and tips, you will also have the opportunity to put them into practice by workshopping scenes featuring dialogue.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Dialogue as conversation with purpose, the importance of subtext and how to create it, using idioms, slang, and contractions to create realistic dialogue, finding dialogue through each character’s voice, and much more.
- Learn a set of writing tools you should know for anytime you write dialogue
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- Put theory into practice by writing and workshopping your own dialogue-centric scenes
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Pro insider writing tips
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in upgrading their ability at writing dialogue.
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.