Class Date: March 27, 2017
Class Title: Craft: Create a Compelling Protagonist
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
Making your Protagonist “sympathetic” or finding your Protagonist’s “flaw” is all well and good… if you want to write a surface level character. In this 1-week online screenwriting course, you will learn how to dig deep into a Protagonist to discover personality dynamics that can make a multidimensional lead character.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
External and Internal Worlds, Want and Need, Conscious Goal and Unconscious Goal, Disunity to Unity, Five Primary Character Archetypes, and much more.
- See why the Protagonist represents the very soul of your story and how their psychological journey is the source of the script’s emotional meaning.
- Workshop your story’s Protagonist to uncover not only their unique persona, but also how their Want and Need define the narrative arc.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- Special insider tips
- Daily forum Q&As.
- Workshop writing assignments with instructor and class feedback
- A 90-minute live teleconference between instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone who wants to upgrade their ability to craft Protagonist characters who compel the reader to become immersed in your story.
“The material in this course provided a ton of inventive ways to approach the development of a solid, three-dimensional protagonist, and helped me dig deeper into the character’s internal world.”
~ Jason Young
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.