Class Date: January 16, 2017
Class Title: Craft: Pixar and the Craft of Storytelling
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
Having produced 16 consecutive box office hits, Pixar is arguably home to the best storytellers in contemporary filmmaking. In this 1-week course, we will analyze several Pixar movies revealing key narrative principles you can use to develop and craft your own stories.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Six principles about narrative present in Pixar movies: Small Story / Substantial Saga, Special Subculture, Strange Sojourners, Separation, Sentimentality, and Surprise, and much more.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- Exclusive interview with Pixar’s senior development executive
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Pro insider writing tips
- Workshop your own story using the same principles and insider tips, enabling you to put theory into practice
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in powerful story principles to elevate their writing potential.
“I learned a ton and now have some important tools that will help make all my stories better.”
~ Valencia Stokes
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.