Class Date: February 27, 2017
Class Title: Craft: Scene Description Spotlight – Express Your Voice
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
Movies and TV are primarily visual mediums which means most of what we write in a script is scene description. Ironically one of Hollywood’s dirty little secrets is that people who read scripts for a living basically loathe scene description. Why? Because it slows down the read – all that text with its wide margins. In this 1-week online class, you will learn the latest approaches to screenwriting style and how to transform your scene description into a compelling read.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Evolution of Screenplay Style, Narrative Voice, There Are No Rules, Imagematic Writing, Psychological Writing, Action Writing, Keys to Finding Your Narrative Voice, and much more.
- Learn Imagematic Writing, Psychological Writing, Action Writing and Insider Tips which free you to embrace a creative approach to scene description.
- Put theory into practice by workshopping some of your own scenes for peer feedback.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Pro insider writing tips
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in learning how to transform scene description into effective entertainment and an expression of your writer’s voice.
“Scott Myers is a brilliant teacher and unites his knowledge and experience, insight and depth of thought in his lectures as well as he is providing help and support to his students.”
~ Eva Brandstätter
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.