Class Date: April 10, 2017
Class Title: Craft: Write a Worthy Nemesis
Class Type: Online (1 week)
Class Presenter: Scott Myers
Class price: $95
There is nothing like a well-drawn Nemesis to enliven a screenplay by functioning as a worthy foe to the Protagonist. In this 1-week online screenwriting course, you will discover key principles to help you craft a Nemesis who goes beyond the stereotypical Bad Guy to a living, breathing, and powerful antagonist figure.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Nemesis v. Antagonist, Shadow v. Light, Fear v. Need, Unity v. Disunity, Overlord v. Underdog, Intelligence v. Wisdom, Empathy v. Sympathy, and much more.
- Learn how to think of the Nemesis as a projection of your Protagonist’s shadow and why this relationship is pivotal on so many narrative fronts.
- Use proven principles to workshop your Nemesis, discovering their world view, and learning how to embrace it when you write this character.
- Seven lectures written by Scott Myers
- 24/7 online forum Q&As moderated by instructor
- Pro insider writing tips
- A 90-minute live teleconference with instructor and class members
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, playwrights, and anyone interested in learning how to embrace this critical character and why this relationship is pivotal on so many narrative fronts.
“Without a doubt, I’ve gotten more useful information out of this course than any other single course I’ve ever taken.”
~ Scott Gunn
SPECIAL OFFER: THE CRAFT PACKAGE
The Craft Package gives you immediate access to all ten
of Scott Myers’ Craft classes (two new ones!) for almost 60% off and enables you to go through the content on your own time! For more information, go here.
BENEFITS OF THE ONLINE SCREENWRITING MASTER CLASS EXPERIENCE
- Access courses anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Learn the craft amidst a supportive, lively, and fun online community from around the world.
- Receive feedback from instructors who know the business and have a passion for teaching.